Vegetable Rice Cupcakes, Savoury Rice Cupcakes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11485 times
Totally off-beat and irresistibly tasty, the Vegetable Rice Cupcake is a unique treat made by baking a mixture of cooked rice and assorted veggies tempered with seeds and cashews.
The rice mixture is baked in cupcake moulds, which gives it an attractive and handy form. What makes this snack really exciting is the mind-blowing range of textures it has in store for you – from the succulence of sweet corn to the crunch of cashews, every bite will surprise you!
Indeed, this Jain-friendly recipe is one that is packed with fun! You can also try other Jain recipes like Jain Vada Pav and JJain Pav Bhaji .
- Grease 7 aluminium muffin moulds and keep aside.
- Combine the mixed vegetables, rice, corn, prepared paste and little salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add this tempering to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Divide this vegetable mixture into 7 equal portions.
- Fill each greased mould with a portion of the vegetable mixture and press it lightly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per vegetable cupcake
|Vitamin A||194.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.