Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3557 times
The creamy and mildly spiced moglai potatoes are prepared with baby potatoes which are cooked in a royal paste comprising of poppy seeds, cloves, cardamom, chilies, ginger and garlic. The spicy blend of paste, yogurt, baby potatoes and cream in the moglai potatoes make it a pure culinary delight and a special potato dish which can be served in parties.
Add your private note
Moglai Potatoes recipe - How to make Moglai Potatoes
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Peel the potatoes and prick them using a fork and keep the potatoes in cold water for about 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the cloves, poppy seeds, cardamoms, green chillies, ginger and garlic and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Drain the potatoes, then mix them with the curds, grund paste and salt, mix well and keep aside to marinate for an hour/
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the grated onions and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin seeds, chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potato mixture and 450 ml water, mix well and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the green peas, cream and sugar, mix well and cook for a few minutes till the green peas are cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.