Mixed Sprouts and Bajra Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7797 times
Anaemia not only makes you look pale, but also makes you tired and irritable. Fortunately, it is easy to fight anemia if you know the right iron-rich foods to have. With the right ingredients, you can include this essential nutrient in almost all your meals.
Here, for example, is a Mixed Sprouts and Bajra Roti, which you can have for Breakfast , lunch or dinner. Both bajra and sprouts are nutrient-dense ingredients, which build your iron stores and help fight anaemia. Mixed sprouts can be replaced with any sprouts that you have handy.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little bajra flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, on a medium flame, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
- The mixed sprouts used in this recipe should be mashed very well, else rolling these rotis becomes difficult.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.