Matar Pulao, Green Pea Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21786 times
Quick and easy but enchanting, the Matar Pulao is a timeless classic of Indian cuisine.
The rich taste of ghee and the mind-blowing aroma of whole spices makes this dish a really mouth-watering one, so good that you can just have it plain without any accompaniments.
However, its suave taste makes it a good accompaniment for any subzi or raita . Don’t miss out on making this dish when green peas are in season!
You can also try other wonderful green pea based creations like Fresh Green Pea Soup and Vatana ni Kachori .
- Soak the rice in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 8 minutes.
- Add the rice an sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add salt and 1½ cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.