Lilva Kachori Chaat, Winter Fresh Toovar Kachori Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10852 times
When fresh toovar and green peas are in season, tongue-tickling Lilva Kachoris are a must-try. Crisp and flaky kachoris with a spicy filling, these are sure to make you drool and yearn for more.
The Lilva Kachori Chaat is an even more exciting way to enjoy these fantastic kachoris. Laced with chutneys and curds, and topped with sev, this chaat is a real treat for your palate, with its thrilling flavour and vibrant texture.
You can make the kachoris in advance, and just assemble this yummy treat before serving.
You will also love other chaat recipes like the Moong Sprouts and Potato Salli Chaat , and the Mixed Sprouts and Green Pea Chaat .
- Combine the fresh toovar and green peas in a mixer and blend till coarse. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, ginger and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the coarsely blended toovar and green pea mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, lemon juice, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the plain flour, melted ghee and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and rub in between your palms to form a breadcrumbs like mixture.
- Knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the prepared stuffing in the centre.
- Bring together all the sides, seal it tightly , pinching in the center.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to make 11 more kachoris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and deep-fry, 3 kachoris at a time on a slow flame for 8 minutes, turning them in between till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 11 to deep-fry the remaining 9 more kachoris. Keep aside.
- Take 3 kachoris and lightly crush each kachori between your palms and place it on a serving plate.
- Top it with ¼ cup of curds, 1 tbsp of sweet chutney, ½ tbsp of green chutney, sprinkle a little chaat masala and finally top it with 1 tsp of sev and 1 tsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.