Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33258 times
Lettuce is an unexplored treasure! Not many know that it is a very good source of iron. Here is a creamy soup of lettuce thickened using finely chopped cauliflower, which not only imparts a creamy texture but also balances the flavour of lettuce well. The use of cauliflower also does away with the use of milk in this recipe! Chopped onions and pepper add to the flavour and aroma of this comforting and iron-rich Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the lettuce and cauliflower and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes
- Add 3 cups of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a deep non-stick pan, add the pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.