Jowar Date and Cashewnut Cookie ( Gluten Free Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16072 times
Indulge your child’s sweet tooth with these yummy and nutritious date and cashewnut cookies! this iron-rich treat will ensure optimum high brain function and development and assist your child’s growth as well. Wholesome jowar flour and soya flour replace refined flour in these cookies, while iron-rich dates and energy-rich cashews add flavour and texture.
- Combine the dates and ¾ cup of water in a deep pan and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame and cook for another 10 minutes or till the dates are fully mashed. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the soya flour, jowar flour, butter and sugar in a bowl using your finger tips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the date mixture, cashewnuts and cocoa powder, mix well and knead it into a semi-stiff dough.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a small round.
- Grease the baking tray lightly with butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cookie
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.