Hariyali Rice with Coconut Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 106 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23430 times
Ever imagined that contradictory experiences like ‘soothing’ and ‘perky’ can meet in one dish? Well, you must try this Hariyali Rice with Coconut Sauce to believe us. Minimal spices come together in a very thoughtful fashion to create a perfect blend of flavours in this dish. Vibrant green-coloured rice with the nutty flavour of spinach, combines ethereally with a comforting coconut sauce perked up with lemon juice, curry leaves and green chillies. Do not forget to season the coconut sauce with cumin seeds, as it makes a world of difference to the aroma of this dish.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, green chilli, coconut milk, salt, lemon juice, sugar, cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle), add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilli paste, spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Fill the rice in a glass bowl and demould on a plate.
- Serve hot with coconut sauce.
Hariyali Rice with Coconut Sauce Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||5148.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B3||7.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||33 mg|
|Folic Acid||170.3 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.