Grilled Tomato and Cheese Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2724 times
An ever-popular snack all over the world, the Grilled Tomato and Cheese Sandwich seems to have a timeless appeal with people of all age groups and nationalities.
Its charming simplicity and awesome taste make it a great hit. It is also a versatile snack, which can be modified this way or that to please one’s particular tastes.
You can add a little more or less cheese, a shake more of pepper or throw in some herbs for a peppier aroma – it is up to you how you wish to make it.
Here we present a super tasty Grilled Tomato and Cheese Sandwich, speckled with basil and pepper for added josh. You are sure to enjoy this quick and filling snack.
You can also try other sandwiches like the Pesto and Mozzarella Panini or Potato Tikki Sandwich .
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, spread ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice.
- Place a cheese slice on one buttered bread slice, top it with 5 tomato slices and salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Sprinkle a little basil leaves and drizzle little olive oil over it.
- Finally cover the sandwich with the buttered side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Apply ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Place the sandwich in a greased and hot griller and grill the sandwich for 5 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal parts.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.