Pesto and Mozzarella Panini, Grilled Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5167 times
Pesto is a lovely Italian sauce with the warm taste of walnut and basil. In this recipe, we have used pesto to make Panini, a special type of grilled sandwich made with breads like baguette, ciabatta and michetta.
The Pesto and Mozzarella Panini is a classic snack, with the exotic taste of pesto, combined with a cheesy gooeyness. A dash of herbs and spices enhances the taste of the Panini, making it something really special.
Panini is never made with sliced bread, so if you cannot lay your hands on any of the varieties of Panini bread, use hot dog rolls instead.
Have a go at other Panini recipes like the Tomato Basil Mozzarella Panini and Cream Cheese Veg Panini .
- Slit each hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife. Apply ½ tsp of olive oil on each halve.
- Place a hot dog roll on a clean, dry surface and spread ½ tbsp of pesto sauce on each halve.
- Place 2 mozzarella slices on the lower halve, sprinkle ¼ tsp of mixed herbs, ¼ tsp of chilli flakes and little salt evenly over it.
- Close the bread roll and apply ½ tsp of butter on top of the roll and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more paninis.
- Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per panini
|Vitamin A||79.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.