Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2649 times
Ghugaras is cripsy fried vegetable snack item. The wheat flour and curd based dough is stuffed with grated cucumber, coconut and spices. These stuffed ghugharas are then deep fried afer sealing the edges and enjoyed with chutney or sauce of choice.
- Prepare the dough adding all the above ingredients of dough.knide it well,cover it and keep it aside for 2 hours. take care do not make a very soft or very hard dough.
- Now, grate the cucumber and add some salt to it and leave it aside for some time and then remove all the excess water from the cucumber.
- Now, take the grated cucumber, paneer ,cheese, and add all the rest of the ingredients and mix it well.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Place a spoonful of the stuffing mixture in the centre of each circle.
- Gently fold the circle into a semicircle and seal the edges.
- To decorate the edges, twist the edges carefully with the thumb and forefinger.
- Deep fry in hot oil over medium heat till golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by kesh4 on 22 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.