5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 142085 times
Want to experience the power of a tornado swirling inside your mouth? Well, no better way than to taste this Geela Bhel.
An awesomely crunchy and spicy snack, the Geela Bhel features puffed rice mixed with an array of spices to get a really chatpata flavour.
Onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, nylon sev and other elements bring in a variety of textures and tastes to this sumptuous snack, which can even double up as a meal.
The phudina chutney used here is quite spicy, with a range of ingredients from ginger, garlic and green chillies to fennel seeds.
It is difficult to make the chutneys and dry masala powder in very small quantities, so you can make a little more as shown here and store the remaining quantities in dry airtight containers in the fridge to use later.
Keep the ingredients ready beforehand, but assemble this quick and easy snack just before serving to enjoy the tempestuous blast of fresh flavours and textures.
Try other recipes like Chole Tikki Chaat or Mexican Bhel
- Combine all the ingredients and ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Use as required or store in an air-tight container in deep-freezer.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a fine powder.
- Use as required or store it in an air-tight bottle.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Divide the bhel into 2 equal portions and garnish each portion with 1 tbsp of sev, 1 tsp of masala dal and 1 tsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Serve immediately with a papdi.
- Masala dal is readily available at most provision stores or can be made at home. Soak the chana dal for at least 4 to 5 hours, drain, deep-fry in hot oil and toss in a mixture of salt, chilli powder and black salt. It is added to increase the flavour and add crunch to chaats.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.