Drumstick Soup, Veg Drumstick Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 128754 times
This fabulous soup, with the strong aroma and flavour of drumstick, is surprisingly easy to make because it bypasses the cumbersome process of peeling the drumstick. In this innovative procedure, the drumstick is sautéed in butter along with the other ingredients, cooked, blended and then strained, so the soup benefits from the its strong essence without going through the long peeling process.
Half a cup of milk helps to balance the overwhelming flavour of the Drumstick Soup and to improve its texture too, while a dash of pepper acts as the classic and final stroke in this masterpiece.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the drumsticks, onions and potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the mixture along with the milk and 1½ cups of water in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||133.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||75.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.