Crispy Patra Chaat, Patra Chaat with Curds and Chutneys
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2926 times
The Crispy Patra Chaat is an off-beat but awesome chaat, made by topping yummy patras with delectable chaat essentials like sweet and green chutneys, curd and sev.
Patra is a famous Gujarati farsan made by deep-frying batter-coated colocasia leaves. Its unique texture and flavour lend themselves very well to the preparation of chaat.
Fry the patra just before making the chaat so that it will be crisp. Also, serve the chaat immediately after preparation to enjoy the exciting crispness and perfect blend of flavours.
Try other chaat recipes like Moong Sprouts and Potato Salli Chaat or Paan ki Chaat .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry a few patra pieces at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Take 4 deep-fried patra pieces and chop them roughly using a sharp knife.
- Place them on a serving plate, top it with ½ cup of curds, 1 tsp of sweet chutney and 2 tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
- Finally top it with 1 tbsp of sev and 1 tsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 4 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.