Spicy Guava Drink
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30287 times
The spicy notes of ginger and pepper and the tangy tones of lemon juice make this guava drink a super hit! Unlike the common guava juices that are overwhelmingly sweet, this one has a well-balanced and peppy flavour due to the innovative combination of ingredients. Cooking the guava with sugar softens the fruit and also makes it taste richer. Despite the dash of ginger, the Spicy Guava Drink will be pleasing to kids too, due to the innate sweetness and creaminess of guavas.
- Combine the guavas, sugar and 1½ cups of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till they become soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the guavas to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Strain the guava purée with a help of a strainer in a deep bowl, add 1½ cups of cold water and mix well.
- Add the ginger juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 4 individual glasses and serve chilled.
Nutrient values per glass
|Vitamin A||0 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||208.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.