Angoori Rabri, Angoori Rabdi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 202 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86760 times
Making rabri, the traditional way, is a time-consuming affair as the milk is simmered on a low flame for a long time to thicken and get its desired texture.
I used the quickest way by using corn flour for thickening and lemon juice to get the required grainy texture.
Use readily available rasgullas, squeeze them thoroughly to remove all the sugar syrup.
- Soak the rasgullas in water for 1 minute, drain and discard the water.
- Repeat step 1 for 4 to 5 times, till all the sugar has been removed from the rasgullas. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a non-stick pan and add the lemon juice drop-by-drop stirring continuously to get a grainy texture.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the milk and mix well. Cook till the mixture thickens.
- Add the sugar substitute and cardamom powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Remove from flame and keep aside to cool.
- Add the rasgulla pieces, stir gently and keep refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with saffron.
- Adding lemon juice drop-by-drop to the milk not only imparts the desired grainy texture but also prevents the milk from curdling.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.