Chana Soya Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 119769 times
This protein-rich combination of chana and soya is sure to steal the show, as the texture and flavours will be loved by everybody young and old. Flavoured amply with masala pastes and powders, and kasuri methi for a final highlight, the Chana Soya Masala is a delightful subzi that is very easy to prepare. Just remember to soak the soya nuggets in warm water for at least 10 minutes before using them.
- Soak the soya nuggets in warm water for 10 minutes, drain well and keep aside.
- Combine the soya nuggets, kabuli chana, turmeric powder, salt and ¾ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside and do not drain the water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala and dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana-soya nugget mixture (along with the water they were cooked in) and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 155 kcal|
|Protein|| 8.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 17.9 gm|
|Fat|| 5.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 8.9 gm|
|Iron|| 2.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.