Soya Mutter Pasanda
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 114635 times
A scrumptious subzi that is also very simple to make! Green peas and soya chunks come together in an all-new style! Most of the preparations can be done well in advance, so you can whip this dish together in a jiffy! Boiled onion paste and tomato puree can be made and stored in the refrigerator to be used as required. Boiled onion paste imparts a good flavour and reduces the cooking time. A dash of cream adds a royal touch; feel free to add 2 to 3 tablespoons if you want it richer! Relish with roti or steaming hot rice.
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and boiled onion paste and sauté till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Lower the flame, add the tomato purée and sauté till the mixture leaves oil.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons water and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the green peas and soya chunks, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.