Baked Herbed Feta Cheese Served with Bread
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5538 times
Baked Herbed Feta Cheese Served with Bread is a fantabulous starter, which might also be served as a snack. The very method of preparation of the herbed feta cheese is different, in this case.
Unlike the usual procedure of making a sauce of the cheese and mixing in the herbs, here a whole block of cheese is coated with a mix of herbs and garlic, foil-packed and baked. The cheese melts within the foil, and the seasonings fuse with it, creating an awesome accompaniment for toasted bread. The process of baking inside a foil intensifies the aroma and flavour of the herbs.
Also note that no salt is used in this recipe because feta cheese by itself is a bit salty. This Baked Herbed Feta Cheese is served with peppy, cinnamon-flavoured thickened balsamic vinegar and toasted bread. Enjoy it fresh.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes or till thick, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add all the fresh herbs and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Place a foil on a clean, dry surface, spread half of the prepared herbed mixture in the centre.
- Place the feta cheese block over it.
- Spread the remaining prepared herbed mixture evenly over it and press it lightly.
- Place the cherry tomato halves on top and sprinkle chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Cover all the sides of the foil and pack it very well like a parcel.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with thickened balsamic vinegar and toasted bread.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.