Dressings gives a new taste to the salad, adding a balsamic vinegar-based dressing, it’s just right amount of acidic taste which is just perfectly balanced.
1. Creamy Balsamic Dressing this dressing is sure to lend an exotic touch to any salad it is added to.
2. Mustard Lemon Balsamic Dressing brilliant combination of lemon juice and balsamic vinegar, this dressing has a dash of mustard paste and pepper too, which add some interestingly spicy shades to it.
Salads using balsamic vinegar
Flavours that burst in the mouth are the best feeling while you eat a salad. Dressing with the balsamic vinegar does wonders to the salad. Try making these salads and enjoy every bit of it.
1. Strawberry Rocket Salad a perfect hearty summer salad, bittersweet rocket (arugula)leaves combined with the sweet strawberries flavourfully tossed, topped with crunchiness is sure to be enjoyed.
2. Beetroot, Peppers, Carrot Healthy Salad for Work enjoyed as a lunch in the afternoon, it is sure to reboot your day and make you feel positively charged!
3. Citrus Kale Apple and Feta Salad citrusy and pungent dressing of vinegar, oranges and cumin powder does justice to the other ingredients, making this salad a winner in all aspects.
4. Tomato Basil and Feta Cheese Salad earthy flavour of cheese complements the tang of tomatoes, and they bring out the best of each other.
Balsamic Vinegar made in the reggio region is used on accompaniments to main courses. A recipe called "Erbazone"- puff pastry layered with a mixture of spinach, onions and aromatic herbs is served drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
· It is an excellent accompaniment to reggio cheese.
· A traditional recipe called Gelato Matildico is ice cream topped with "Gold" balsamic vinegar.
· Modena Balsamic vinegar is served drizzled on boiled meats, various types of pasta and chilled salads.
· Fruits go well with Balsamic vinegar. Place strawberries, vinegar and powdered sugar in different bowls. Let each guest dip a strawberry into balsamic vinegar and then into powdered sugar.
How to store balsamic vinegar
Store in a cool dry place away from humidity. Since balsamic vinegar is aged, it can be stored for a long time.
Health Benefits of balsamic vinegar
It has various curative properties and also has an age old reputation as a miracle cure, good for everything from sore throats to labour pains.