Anjeer Aur Kajur Meetha
by matangy ramya
This recipe has been viewed 4356 times
A rich sweet recommended for kids and pregnant mothers. No sugar is needed as there is enough sweetness from date, milkpowder and figs.
- Soak the anjeer in 3 cups water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Boil in same water for 6-7 minutes or until it swells and becomes soft.
- Remove from the flame, drain and keep the figs aside to cool.
- Reserve 1/4 cup figs and puree the rest. Keep aside.
- Soak dates in 2 cups of hot water for 23 mts.
- Drain the water out and puree the dates.
- Combine both the purees and mix well.
- Add the milk powder and mix well and cook on a slow flame till the mixture mixes well.
- Add the chopped figs and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds.
This recipe was contributed by matangy ramya on 20 Jul 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.