by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 457 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 339780 times
A crispy paratha, tricky to make but very tasty.
- Sieve the flour and salt together in bowl. Rub in the oil and add warm water gradually. Knead until smooth. Cover and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 8 portions. Shape each into a round ball. Flatten a little.
- Roll out each flattened ball into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter. Cut into 50 mm. (2") strips lengthways. Place all the strips over the center one.
- Roll like a Swiss roll. Press a little with your fingers. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil on each roll.
- Take one roll at a time and roll it out into a round of about 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- When you remove the round, palce it on your palms and lightly press towards the center to show the layers clearly.
- Heat a tava and cook the rounds lightly on both sides. When you want to serve, cook the rounds directly on the gas or preferably on charcoal. Apply butter and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.