Kadai Paneer Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2915 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 472940 times
Treat yourself to this fine subzi, made in traditional kadai paneer style, spiced up with an assortment of spices and pastes.
The addition of dried fenugreek leaves gives the Kadai Paneer Subzi its characteristic taste, while capsicum and tomatoes complement the paneer well in texture, flavour and volume too. The tinges of ginger and garlic add a pungent dimension to this flavourful dish, which goes very well with puris and rotis. For a complete meal combo serve along with Dal Amritsari and Jeera Rice .
- Combine the coriander seeds and the red chillies in a mixer and blend to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the ginger paste, garlic paste and dry fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and the coarse powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer and coriander, toss it lightly and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.