Green Moong Dal and Spring Onion Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 325 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78587 times
Simple though it is to prepare, there is an exotic feel to this Green Moong Dal and Spring Onion Paratha. Prepared with wholesome whole wheat flour, these parathas are stuffed with a delicious combination of cooked green moong dal and crunchy spring onions, perked up with common spice powders. The secret to getting a perfectly textured paratha is to cook the green moong dal to the right consistency, till it is soft and you are able to mash it with your fingers, but not too mushy. This way you will get a nice and grainy filling rather than a gooey one.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle and bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.