5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 588336 times
A popular moderately spiced north indian dal, consisting of a tasty combination of masoor dal and yellow moong dal. Dal fry has a good mouth feel of soft dal pieces and goes great with any paratha or roti. Quick and easy to make.
- Wash the dals together.
- Combine 2½ cups of water, dals, turmeric, chillies, ginger, garlic and salt , mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds, nigella seeds and kashmiri chilli, sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and a little water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared cooked dal, ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.