Green Peas Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 121056 times
Every other person complains of acidity these days, due to a stressful lifestyle and irregular food habits. However, eating the right foods can keep acidity at bay.
Make your stomach smile again, with this yummy and healthy Green Pea Paratha. Green pea is said to be alkaline, and when combined with wheat flour, it helps to balance the acid-alkaline ratio.
Go easy on the spices, to make the job easy for your stomach! Avoid using too much fat for cooking the parathas as that too can aggravate acidity.
As a variant, you can use bajra flour instead of soya flour as that too is alkaline. Enjoy these delectable parathas hot and fresh, for breakfast or as the main course for lunch or dinner.
- Sieve both the flours with the salt.
- Combine the flours and ghee and knead to make a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds and fry till they crackle.
- Add the green chillies and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mashed peas and salt and mix well.
- Cool completely and divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter using flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") in diameter, using flour for rolling.
- Heat non-stick pan and cook each paratha, until both sides are golden brown using ¼ teaspoon of oil.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.