Stuffed Bajra Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3229 times
Stuffed Bajra Paratha, looking for something to lower blood cholesterol levels? Here’s an exotic version of the humble bajra paraha, stuffed with a paneer, methi and tomato mixture that makes this a scrumptious delicacy. The fibre in bajra binds with the cholesterol and fats and ensures that it is ejected from the system. Serve with garlic chutney for that extra punch!
- Combine the bajra flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll 2 portions of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little bajra flour for rolling.
- Place a rolled circle on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the stuffing and spread it evenly.
- Place another rolled circle on top and press well so that they stick well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha on a medium flame, using ½ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.