Chana Dal Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 280 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75825 times
For a change, a paratha made with dal stuffing. Serve with curds.
- Mix the plain flour, wheat flour, salt and butter. Add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough very well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and roll out into rounds with the help of a little flour.
- Wash the chana dal and soak in water for 1 hour.
- Boil plenty of water, add the chana dal and salt and cook till tender. Drain and cool.
- Add the green chillies, coriander, onion and ginger.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the stuffing in the centre of each dough round and fold like an envelope from all corners.
- Put the round on a tava with the open edges at the bottom. Cook for a few minutes using ghee or oil. Turn over on the other side and cook again until crisp.
- Repeat for the remaining rounds and stuffing.
- Serve hot with curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.