Aliv Nutri Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85553 times
Aliv or garden cress seed is a real treasure-trove of nutrients, and a must have in every kitchen. This little-known Indian food is one of the best vegetarian sources of iron, and is worth including in the diet, whether as a powder or in seed form.
This delicious Aliv Nutri Paratha is a great way to start off. With a scrumptious stuffing of paneer and coloured capsicums, it is nothing short of a mouth-watering treat.
Serve hot with Healthy Green Chutney and Low Fat Curds .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander, paneer, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Cool slightly and divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thin circle using wheat flour for rolling.
- Put ¼ cup of the stuffing on one half of the roti and fold to make a semi-circle.
- Seal the edges so the stuffing does not spill out.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 9 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
- Blend 1 tbsp of garden cress seeds in a mixer to get 1½ tbsp of garden cress seeds powder.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Energy|| 75 calories|
|Protein|| 3.2 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 10.9 gm|
|Fat|| 2.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.6 gm|
|Iron|| 1.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.