Papaya Plum Chutney, An Exotic Chutney with Raisi
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9543 times
Papaya plum chutney, an exotic chutney with raisin is truly an amazing chutney or dip recipe prepared by cooking papaya cubes with plums and a cinnamon based spicy sauce. The plum and papaya chutney is sweetened with sugar, raisins and made tangy by addition of vinegar.
- In a heavy based panmix vinegar,sugar,raisins,ginger,cinnamaon stick,salt &red pepper.bring it to a boil on high heat stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to meduium low keep it uncoverd &keepsimmering it until the srrup is a lillte thick.this takes about 15 minutes.
- Peel&half the papayas ,remove the seeds &cut the friut in half inch pcs.
- Cut plums also in pcs.add them to the syrup&keep stirring.
- Keep it uncovered.do this till papaya is tender when pierced&chutney is hickened.
- Take out the cinnamon stick. fill in bottle when cooled put in fridge can be kepr up in the fridge for a month .
This recipe was contributed by mushu on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.