Spinach and Cottage Cheese Dumplings in Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 365 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29947 times
Healthful spinach bound in soft cottage cheese flavoured with a novel combination of green chillies and nutmeg powder, is shaped into balls and steamed to make fluffy dumplings. Served with a topping of freshly made herbed tomato sauce, this sumptuous Oriental treat will make a great starter for your meal. Serve the Spinach and Cottage Cheese Dumplings in Tomato Sauce immediately after preparation to avoid sogginess and loss of aroma.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a round dumpling.
- Arrange the dumplings on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes with ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the tomatoes to cool completely, once cooled blend in a mixer till smooth and strain it with help of a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a non-stick pan, add the sugar, oregano, carom seeds, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place the spinach and cottage cheesed dumplings on a serving plate, pour the tomato sauce evenly over it and finally sprinkle the grated cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1769 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||29.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||55.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.