Dhokla By sandhyan
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3758 times
Relish the popular Gujarati snack, dhokla with coriander chutney. The dal or gram flour based batter is steamed, cut into squares and seasoned with mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut. The dhokla recipe is not only soft and delicious but also healthy.
- Take gram flour in a bowl.
- Add beaten curd/yogurt and warm water. whisk well to remove all lumps. the mixture should have a thick consistency. add salt and cover it and leave it to ferment for 3-4 hours.
- Make a paste of ginger and green chilies.
- Add this paste to the fermented mixture. add turmeric powder and correct seasoning.
- Keep the steamer ready on the flame.
- Grease a dhokla mould or a shallow cake tin with a little oil. in a small bowl take one teaspoon of soda bi-carb, 1 teaspoon oil and juice of 1 lemon. mix well and add this to the gram flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased mold and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for sometime. cut into squares and arrange in a serving platter/bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan. add mustard seeds. when the seeds begin to crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
- Serve garnished with chopped green coriander leaves and grated coconut.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyan on 05 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.