How many calories does one serving of Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup have?
One serving of Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup is only 32 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 15 calories, proteins account for 4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 13 calories. One serving of Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. mixed vegetable soup recipe. Sometimes cold and cough can get into your head and make you so drowsy, you do not feel like doing or even eating anything!
At times like that, try out this hot and spicy Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup that is sure to satiate you, meet your nutrient requirements with a horde of veggies, and refresh your palate with the peppy flavours of mint and coriander.
Not only that, ingredients like mint, ginger, garlic and pepper are also very helpful in chasing away the worst of colds! Have it steaming hot to free those horrid nose blocks too.
To make mixed vegetable clear soup, heat the oil in a wok or a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Add all the vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Add 3 cups of hot water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Serve mixed vegetable clear soup hot.
See why we think this is a healthy Indian veg clear soup. Made mainly from vegetables. Mixed vegetables get the benefits of lots of nutrients as you are using cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes and cabbage. Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. Cabbage is low in cal, relieves constipation, good for diabetics and see here all benefits of cabbage. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in vitamin C, good for heart. Also a key ingredient in the veg clear soup is Ginger which is an effective cure for congestion, sore throat, cold and cough. It aids digestion and relieves constipation.
We have a collection soothing natural Home-Remedies that will helps in relieving cold and cough, like Jaggery Tea , Minty Spicy Lemongrass Milk and many more.
Is Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup healthy?
Yes, its healthy. Made from cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, capsicum, little oil , mint leaves and Indian spices.
Great for weight loss, low in carbs and very high in Vitamin C. If you have a cough, cold or runny nose this recipe is the perfect solution. This soup uses very little oil and yet maintains a super taste. A must to cook on a cold day.
Let's understand the ingredients.
What's good in mixed vegetable soup.
1. Cabbage : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. See here all benefits of cabbage.
2. Cauliflower : Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. Rich in Antioxidant and read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower.
3. Capsicum ( Bell Peppers) : Capsicum is low in carb, reduces inflammation, high in folic acid which is important for the rapid growth of red blood cells. See here for 11 super benefits of capsicum.
4. Carrots : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
5. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
6. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. Mint (pudina) is a leafy vegetable which is sure to create nourishing dishes without piling on calories, carbs or fat for that instance. What is has to offer instead is FIBER. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
7. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup?
Yes they can. This soup has everything going for it. When you take an assortment of vegetables you get more nutrients as each vegetable has its own plus points. Super for weight loss also as there is hardly any oil used.
Can healthy individuals have Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup?
Yes they can. This is a perfect recipe for healthy living.
Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup – A Low Calorie Healthy Soup.
1. Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup is a fiber and water filled start to a meal.
2. Finely chopped veggies add not only fiber to keep you satiated but also a dose of antioxidant which reduces inflammation in the body.
3. The water in this clear soup is a flavourful way of making up for your day’s water requirement.
4. Vegetable Clear Soup can also be enjoyed by those having sore throat, cold or cough. It has no added preservatives or soya sauce. Moreover the ginger and garlic has been proven effective against infection. You can also try some home remedies to relieve cold and cough.
5. The fresh herbs – mint and coriander along with vitamin C help to enhance your intake of vitamin C, which is an immune-building vitamin.
6. Enjoy it piping hot and reap its flavor plus health benefits.
Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup is good for
1. Healthy Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss
4. Heart Patients
7. Cold and cough
Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 32 calories that come from Mixed Vegetable Clear Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 10 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.