How many calories does one serving of Paneer Bhurji have?
One serving of Paneer Bhurji gives 370 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 44 calories, proteins account for 42 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 285 calories. One serving of Paneer Bhurji provides about 18 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Paneer Bhurji recipe. Paneer bhurji is a popular preparation loved by Indians across the world. It is an easy, spicy dish that tastes great with bread and parathas! Down south, Paneer Bhurji is sometimes used as a stuffing for dosas to make paneer dosa, similar to the aloo-filled Masala Dosa! The most important tip for making fantastic Paneer Bhurji is to use fresh cottage cheese, and make the bhurji just before serving, otherwise it tends to get a little soggy. Enjoy Paneer Bhurji with Indian breads like Chapati or Plain Paratha, accompained with pickles and raita of your choice.
Is Paneer Bhurji healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer Bhurji?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT cut the oil used and opt for peanut oil. Use low fat paneer in the recipe. Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes.
Can healthy individuals have Paneer Bhurji?
Paneer Bhurji is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 370 calories that come from Paneer Bhurji?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 51 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 37 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 49 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1hr 3 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.