How many calories does one serving of Bhindi Pakora, Bhindi Pakoda have?
One serving of Bhindi Pakoda gives 367 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 126 calories, proteins account for 38 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 203 calorie. One serving of Bhindi Pakoda provides about 18 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Bhindi Pakoda recipe. Bhindi has a property that not many people know to exploit to their advantage. The seemingly sticky vegetable is capable of lending a crisp texture to many snacks.
Even today, in Tamil Nadu you will find some knowledgeable people adding a handful of chopped bhindi to their dosa batter to get a charming golden colour and exciting crispness.
Is Bhindi Pakora, Bhindi Pakoda healthy?
No, this is not healthy as the bhindi is deep fried.
Deep fried foods : This bhindi is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. It also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process.
What is a healthier snack option?
Opt for nachni dosa, quinoa dosa, oats dosa, 4 Flour Dosa recipe or buckwheat dosa which has ZERO rice used. Serve it with a healthy sambar or coconut chutney.
Bhindi Pakoda is high in
1. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 367 calories that come from one serving of Bhindi Pakoda?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 50 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 37 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 49 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 3 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.