Yam Cooked in Mustard Curry
by Simple cooking
This recipe has been viewed 1270 times
I bet you will love this recipe,its for people who have got bored of putting onions in every dish and want to tickle their taste buds for something new and refreshing. My mother is an amazing cook and whatever I have learnt so far ,I owe to her.I learnt this recipe from her.
- Combine the mustard, green chillies, red chilli powder, salt, pepper, turmeric powder, garlic, 4 tsp water, amchur powder and lemon juice in a mixer and blend to a coarse paste.
- Boil yam in a pressure cooker.
- Cut yam into square pieces and dip them into the prepared paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the yam pieces, drain and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the leftover paste, lemon juice, chopped tomatoes and keep stirring it until the oil oozes out from it.
- Put yam slices in it and 1 cup of water. Cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Simple cooking on 08 Feb 2016I am an Engineer with an IT firm currently.Cooking had always been my passion since childhood.Since ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.