Vegetable Egg Bake, One Meal Dish
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2259 times
The Vegetable Egg Bake is a one-dish meal that is sure to captivate you with its perfect blend of flavours and textures.
Lusciously creamy, with the pleasant crunch of vegetables, this dish is truly a worthy indulgence. An assortment of veggies is sautéed in butter, placed on a bed of cheese, coated with a milky egg mixture, topped with more cheese and baked to perfection.
Now that you can imagine how this would be, we are sure you can’t wait any longer to try it out. Depending on your taste, you can increase the amount of green chillies and pepper to make it more spicy.
Have a go at other one-dish meals like the Lentil and Vegetable Broth or Dal Dhokli .
- Break the eggs into a deep bowl, add the milk and salt and pepper and beat very well using a fork. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, tomatoes, spring onions, spinach, mushrooms and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Sprinkle ¾ cup of cheese in a greased baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Put the prepared vegetable stuffing over it and spread it evenly.
- Finally pour the egg mixture evenly over it.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 40 minutes.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1549.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||86.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.