Tava Roti ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21499 times
Truly versatile, the Tava Roti combines with practically any dish! While you might have often served rotis with dal and subzis, have you ever thought of including it in a platter of kebabs and tikkis? Interestingly enough, many people like to finish their meal with a tasty and crunchy selection of starters, tangy and cool accompaniments, and a few rotis, which can be simply dipped into one of the accompaniments and savoured, or used to roll up some of the kebabs or tikkis. Roti offers you the freedom of consuming it just the way you like to!
- Combine the flour and salt and knead into a soft and pliable dough.
- Add the oil and knead again till it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each one using a little flour into approx. 150 mm. (6") diameter circles. Dust wheat flour as required to facilitate even rolling.
- Dust off any excess wheat flour and place the roti on a hot tava (griddle).
- Turn over in a few seconds and cook this side till the edges begin to curl slightly and small blisters appear on the surface.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast on both sides over an open flame till it puffs up.
- Flatten the roti and apply some ghee on top.
- Repeat to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per roti
|Vitamin A||35.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.