Smoky Rajma Cutlet
by sneha sadhwani
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3272 times
Smoky Rajma Cutlet is an amazing recipe with a unique combination of rajma, spices and some smoky flavor. You can enjoy it with mint-coriander chutney, ketchup or cheese sauce.
- Pressure cook the soaked rajma. Drain and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the rajma, garlic cloves, black pepper, cumin seeds, green chilli, lemon juice and oil and lightly blend in a mixer to a very coarse mixture. (we don't want it to become into a paste. Some rajma pieces should be remaining. )
- You can even add 2-3 spoons rajma stock if required to obtain the desired texture.
- In a deep bowl mix the potato, rajma mixture, chilli powder, coriander and salt. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions and shape each portion into flat, round cutlets.
- Heat a non-stick pan, grease heat some oil and shallow fry the cutlets till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place the cutlets in a broad deep bowl in a circle. Heat a small piece of coal and place it in the centre of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a plate. Soon you will see smoke appearing inside the bowl.
- After a while remove the plate and serve tasty smoky rajma cutlet with chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Potato is added for binding, so that the cutlet doesn't break while frying. You can even add cornflour or bread crumbs but potato is a healthier option.
This recipe was contributed by sneha sadhwani on 30 Mar 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.