Potato and Onion Soup ( Pregnancy Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25164 times
The versatile potato often plays a supporting role in a meal, but in this recipe it's the star in creating a creamy soup that is brightened up with the addition of grated carrots. Try not to peel the potatoes when you cook and purée them because unpeeled potatoes are rich in folic acid. Carbohydrates tend to be the best tolerated nutrient in early pregnancy, so this soup is a boon for those days.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Once cooled, blend it in a mixer to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into the deep non-stick pan, add dried mixed herbs, salt, 1/2 cup of water and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with carrots.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.