Paneer Cheese Toast, Tava Paneer Cheese Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2384 times
The Paneer Cheese Toast is an awesome snack that features an exciting interplay of two types of cheese – fresh cottage cheese as well as processed cheese. Essentially, the paneer is cooked with veggies and spice mixes like garam masala and pav bhaji masala to get a tongue-tickling topping.
Bread, when cooked with this paneer mixture and a further topping of grated processed cheese imbibes rich flavours and unique textures.
When you munch on each bite of the Paneer Cheese Toast, you can feel the flaky, soft mouth-feel of paneer as well as the gooey delight of molten processed cheese, all interspersed with the exciting flavours of the spices used.
Indeed, this is one tea-time snack that will make your day a delightful one. You can also serve this as a starter at parties .
Have a go at other paneer recipes like the Paneer Parcels or Paneer Pakoda .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, pav bhaji masala and salt, mix well cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer and coriander, mix well cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it using 1 tsp of oil, place a bread slice on it and cook till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place a portion of the paneer topping and 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut the toasts diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more toasts.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||430.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.