Paneer Butter Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 148 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90703 times
One of the first items that we all tend to look for in a restaurant menu, the Paneer Butter Masala fits all descriptions - classic, all-time favourite, droolworthy, best of the best!
Yes, this restaurant-style Punjabi gravy is a necessary addition to your culinary skillset, and it is quite easy and quick too.
Paneer Butter Masala is a classic Indian recipe of cottage cheese in a rich and spicy tomato gravy. You can also make a Jain version without onion or garlic. Paneer Butter Masala is best had with parathas or phulkas. As it simmers in your kitchen, the aroma fills the house and brings the family to the table at once!
Try other recipes like Badami Paneer or Baingan Bharta.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the ground paste and cook till it is light brown in colour.
- Add the chilli powder and tomato pulp and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the cumin seed powder, garam masala and ½ cup of water and cook for some time till the oil separates from the masala. Keep aside.
- In another pan, melt the butter, add the fenugreek seeds and onions and cook till the onions are lightly browned.
- Add this to the tomato gravy, along with the honey, milk, cream, paneer and salt and allow it to come to a boil.
- Serve hot with rotis or parathas.
- Approximately 4 large tomatoes yield 2 cups tomato pulp.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.