Paneer Tikka Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41154 times
Cottage cheese transforms into a tongue-tickling treat when marinated in spice powders and cooked crisp along with other yummy ingredients like capsicum and onions.
This, the all-time favourite Paneer Tikka, tastes awesome whether it is had plain or in a masaledar gravy as shown in this recipe.
A selection of whole spices and spice powders along with tomato pulp and cream give the gravy an intense flavour and lusciously creamy mouth-feel, which complement the crispy and tasty paneer cubes.
The Paneer Tikka Masala is a fantastic dish to enjoy with Whole Wheat Coriander and Sesame Seeds Naan .
- Combine the besan, curds, chaat masala, garam masala, ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder, oil and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the paneer, capsicum and onions and toss gently till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Thread a piece of paneer cube followed by 2 capsicum and 2 onion cubes alternatively. Again thread another piece of paneer cube followed by 2 capsicum and 2 onion cubes alternatively and finally thread a paneer cube on a skewer or a long tooth pick.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more tikkas.
- Grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with oil, place the prepared tikkas over it and cook them on a medium flame, using oil till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to cook the remaining 2 paneer tikkas in one more batch. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the cinnamon, cloves, garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onion paste and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, fresh cream, coriander and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, re-heat the gravy and slide the paneer tikkas from the skewers into the gravy. Mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Paneer Tikka Masala Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.