Paneer, Peas and Potato Taka Tak
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 893 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36439 times
Paneer, peas and potato taka tak is a delicious and attractive curry that you can prepare in front of your guests like a grand performance – the sight of the spices blending with the veggies, and the aromas that emanate from the tava are enough to kindle one’s appetite, much like the bhaji sizzling on the pav bhaji wallah’s huge tava! do a ‘taka tak’ on the tava as you turn the subzi around, and top it with some fresh cream as a grand finale to a splendid performance that your guests can feast on.
- Combine the paneer, peas, potatoes, salt and chaat masala and mix gently. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chillies, pav bhaji masala, chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared paneer, peas and potato mixture, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Serve hot with parathas or puris.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.