by Tarla Dalal
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67981 times
Marinated brinjals combine with green peas to make an interesting subzi! Ringna Vatana makes use of both a spice powder mix and a onion-coriander paste, to make the dish double peppy! Remember to use large brinjals to make this subzi, and cut them into slightly big pieces so they will not become mushy.
- Combine the brinjal cubes and the prepared powder in a deep bowl, toss well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onion-coriander paste and 1 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the marinated brinjal cubes, green peas, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with sprigs of coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.