by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32699 times
Dhoklis get much more tastier when radish is added to the whole wheat flour and besan dough along with the spice powders. Just make sure you squeeze the juice out of the grated radish before adding it to the dough, so that it does not get soggy. This Mooli Dhokli recipe is a double radish treat, because it uses both the vegetable and the greens. While the radish is used in the dhokli, the greens are chopped and added to the subzi along with ginger-chilli paste to form an aromatic and delicious gravy to hold the dhoklis.
- Squeeze and remove excess water from the radish.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 1 tbsp of water in a bowl and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions, grease your palms with little oil and flatten each portion. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the radish greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dhoklis, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with chapatis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.