Mixed Pulses with Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 161 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28561 times
An very unique preparation of Mixed Pulses with Vegetables, this recipe combines moong, masoor and kala chana, with a radically different choice of vegetables, namely cauliflower, baby onions and tomatoes. A pungent masala paste imparts a lingering flavour to this subzi, while a simple garnish of coriander gives it a perky touch. Serve piping hot with rice or any Indian bread.
- Soak the moong, kala chana and masoor in a deep bowl using enough water for 6 to 8 hours and drain well.
- Transfer the moong, kala chana and masoor to deep non-stick pan, add 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till they are cooked completely. Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cauliflower, baby onions, tomatoes, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||208.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.