Mix Vegetable Cheese Frankie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21619 times
Here is a Frankie with a chatpata taste, comprised of multiple textures and flavours that just burst in your mouth with every bite you take!
The Mix Vegetable Cheese Frankie combines the spicy crunch of capsicum with the juiciness of grated veggies like cabbage and carrot, all held together with everybody’s favourite vegetable – potato.
The masaledar vegetable filling is rolled inside plain flour rotis along with tongue-tickling sauces and loads of cheese, to get a vibrant snack that will please everybody.
Serve this snack as soon as you prepare it, before the filling makes the roti soggy. You can also try other snacks like the Potato and Corn Rolls or Stuffed Cabbage, Carrot and Cheese Rolls .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the mixture into a 125 mm. ( 5”) cylindrical roll and flatten it between your palms.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick tava (griddle), dip 3 patty into the prepared plain flour-water mixture and place them on the tava (griddle) and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 4 to cook 3 more patty. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along with ¾ cup of water, mix well using a whisk.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour 1 ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion to make a 200mm. ( 8”) diameter circle. Drizzle ½ tsp of oil and cook on a medium fame till it turns brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 2 to make 5 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface, put 1 tsp of the schezuan sauce and spread it evenly.
- Place a mixed vegetable patty on one side of the roti.
- Put 2 tbsp of sliced onions evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese and ¼ tsp of chaat masala evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly from one end to the other.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 5 more frankies.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per frankie
|Vitamin A||364.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.