Stuffed Cabbage, Carrot and Cheese Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26604 times
A mixture of sautéed vegetables, spiced up with ginger, green chillies and garlic, and bound together with potatoes and cheese, is rolled up tightly in a chapati and roasted on a griddle till it turns a perfect golden brown. The stuffed cabbage, carrot and cheese rolls is a great snack on-the-go as it is filling and nutritious, and does not need any special accompaniment except perhaps some tangy tomato sauce.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies, garlic and ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, onions and salt and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the potatoes and cheese and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Spread a portion of the filling in the centre of a chapati and roll it up tightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the roll on it and cook using little butter till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make more 5 rolls.
- Cut them diagonally into 2 and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
- You can cook to 2 rolls at a time.
Nutrient values per roll
|Vitamin A||221.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.