Stir Fry Wrap with Mushroom Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7832 times
Wraps are always wonderfully enjoyable! They contain interesting surprises that your palate is sure to enjoy.
This Stir Fry Wrap with Mushroom Sauce brings you the magic of wraps in a healthy and super tasty format.
While mushrooms are usually stir-fried in loads of oil and used as a stuffing for wraps, here we have made it into a creamy, garlicky sauce, which together with crunchy stir-fried veggies makes a wonderful, low-carb filling for your whole wheat chapati wraps. This satiating snack can be enjoyed occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the red cabbage and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Switch off the flame, add the chilli flakes and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Divide the mushroom sauce into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the stir-fried vegetables into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a chapati on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the mushroom sauce evenly over it.
- Place a portion of the stir-fried vegetables on one side of the chapati and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.